OBD UART CAN Sniffing challenges

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
speedneed

OBD UART CAN Sniffing challenges

Postby speedneed » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:46 pm

I'm currently working on a project based on the Nano kit. My code is almost ready and shows different information on the oled. Currently I'm using a switch button to switch between the different screens. https://imgur.com/bcjKzpC

The next step is to switch the screen based on built-in button of the car (for example cruise control lower speed). I need to sniff the CAN message for the button press to be able to program an action. So the logic will be:
- listen to specific CAN <message>
- Update a counter in the code
- switch to a next page

Now i'm facing difficulties to get the can sniffing feature working. I understood that the OBD UART adapter has a Micro USB socket to connect directly to a laptop. When I connect to my laptop I get an USB malfunction error. Could someone explain the process to get CAN Sniffing to work with the OBD UART adapter? I'm not getting further at the moment. I tried to search on the internet but there is limited information available.

thank you

stanley
Site Admin

Re: OBD UART CAN Sniffing challenges

Postby stanley » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm

Freematics OBD UART adapter V2 supports CAN sniffing.

speedneed

Re: OBD UART CAN Sniffing challenges

Postby speedneed » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:14 pm

in that case, I ordered the wrong Adapter..Any option for me to get the adapter only, without paying the 30 dollar shipping costs?

Return to “Freematics Products”