Freematics Hub is a telemetry server software which receives data from telemeter device like Freematics ONE+ with effient transport protocols like UDP, at the same time, allows applications to request for the data with common REST APIs. Freematics Hub is exteremly efficient and completely portable so that it can be deployed on computer systems of all footprints, from cloud server to desktop PC to SBCs like Raspberry Pi.
Benefits of using Freematics Hub
- Pre-developed open-source firmware for telemeter device
- Proved and stable data communication between telemeter device and Freematics Hub
- Minimized data transfer (saving cost) and data latency by using high effiency transport protocol between telemeter device and Freematics Hub
- No need for client’s application to maintain connection and synchronization with telemeter device
- Simple access of real-time and history data by REST APIs over standard HTTP/HTTPS
- Keep all data in hand as Freematics Hub is deployed on client’s server
Freematics Hub Personal Edition
Freematics Hub Personal Edition is a Windows application with a GUI for evaluation of the concept of Freematics Hub.
Freematics Hub running on Windows
Freematics Hub Personal Edition has a local GUI showing the information of all telemetry devices which are feeding data. More detailed real-time data can be viewed by a web-based UI. To see it, open the URL displayed in the console, or click on the VIN in the device list from the GUI when it appears.
Freematics Hub Personal Edition stores all received data locally in separate files (by session) in separate sub-directories (by vehicle ID). On Windows, the default data directory is %APPDATA%\FreematicsHub\Data. On Linux, the default data directory is Data in the executable directory.
Freematics Hub Personal Edition can be launched from command line with arguments for configuration.
Usage: freematicshub -h : display this help screen -p : specifiy http port [default 8080] -u : specifiy udp port [default 8081] -l : specify log file directory -d : specify data file directory -m : specifiy max clients [default 32] -M : specifiy max clients per IP -s : specifiy download speed limit in KB/s [default: none] -n : do not launch GUI
- Download Freematics Hub Personal Edition for Windows
- Download Freematics Hub Personal Edition for Ubuntu Linux 32-bit
- Download Freematics Hub Personal Edition for Ubuntu Linux 64-bit
On Windows, Freematics Hub Personal Edition can be installed by the installer which is very straight-forward. After installed, click on desktop icon to launch the server. UI window will be launched afterwards if UI engine is selected during installation.
On Linux, please refer to the following instruction. The script run.sh is used to start server and UI together.
Freematics Hub implements a set of REST API for sending data to or receiving data from Freematics Hub. The GUI itself is completely built with the API. For more information, please refer to Freematics Hub API Reference.
Freematics Hub Personal Edition is a freeware which requires no licence for evaluation and non-commercial use. It has a limit of receiving data from up to 4 vehicles. For commercial use and server deployment, we license the Freematics Hub Server Edition which supports unlimited number of vehicles. Please contact with us for details.