An Arduino compiler and uploader with some productivity
- Sometimes, we want to compile and upload a sketch to an Arduino board without accidentally changing the code.
- Sometimes, we want to upload a pre-compiled binary to a board without taking time to compile.
- We need a tool for uploading same Arduino sketch under different configurations and quickly verifying running result via a serial monitor.
- We need an out-of-box tool for configuring, compiling and uploading Arduino sketches for Freematics products so novice users can get started with our products easily.
Looks like no existing software does all above.
So, there is Freematics Arduino Builder, a fully standalone utility which integrates all the toolchains, Arduino cores and libraries for getting an Arduino sketch or a pre-compiled binary into your Arduino board (or Freematics products) running, without any hassle of setup for a fully working environment. It currently supports standard AVR series Arduino and ESP32 variant. A simple code viewer and serial monitor are also integrated.
Freematics Arduino Builder supports custom configuration UI for a sketch defined as an XML file (example). When the config XML file is found in the sketch folder, it will be loaded together with the sketch and rendered into a configuration UI and some extra compiler options will be generated from the options in the UI when compiling the sketch. This makes it easy to configure a sketch with some optional features or parameters, without changing code manually.
Version 1.0.2 (17/07/2017)
- Added uploading baud rate option
- Changed default uploading baud rate for ESP32 to 512kbps
- Adjusted library path searching range in accordance to Arduino IDE
Version 1.0.1 (3/07/2017)
- Added optional rebuild for library and core files