Freematics ONE+ Model B is a variant of Freematics ONE+ with integrated 4G LTE cellular module and 10Hz GNSS module + antenna, still in form of a OBD dongle that directly plugs into a car’s OBD port, and very importantly 100% software compatible with Freematics ONE+.
- Dual-core Arduino programmable SoC
- High performance WIFI and Bluetooth communications
- G-force measurement and motion/orientation detection
- High update rate GPS/GLONASS geolocation
- Access to all standard OBD-II PIDs, DTC, VIN from vehicle ECU
- Car battery voltage reading
- Data storage in internal Flash or microSD card (up to 64GB)
- Real-time data transmission over WiFi and 4G cellular network (LTE CAT4)
- Espressif ESP32 main controller (fully programmable)
- Built-in 802.11 b/g/n HT40 Wi-Fi transceiver
- Built-in dual mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- STM32 protocol co-processor
- MPU-9250 motion sensor
- M8030 10Hz GNSS module and antenna
- SIM7600A-H or SIM7600E-H 4G LTE cellular module
- Enclosure dimensions: 60x48x20mm
- Typical power rating @80Mhz: 20mA (WIFI inactive) / 50mA (WIFI active) / 150mA (LTE active)
- OBD-II male connector
- microUSB port
- microSD card slot
- SIM card slot
- GPIO socket (Molex)
Freematics ONE+ plugs into the OBD port usually located under the steering column. To check if your vehicle is OBD-II certified, open your hood and find the sticker that looks like this:
Vehicles using following vehicle protocols are supported.
- CAN 500Kbps/29bit
- CAN 250Kbps/29bit
- CAN 500Kbps/11bit
- CAN 250Kbps/11bit
- KWP2000 Fast
- KWP2000 5Kbps
Freematics ONE+ has an external I/O socket. The 4-pin socket contains of 2x GPIO (from ESP32), VCC (controllable by ESP32’s GPIO15) and GND, as following.
With a Molex to 2.54 Dupont connector conversion cable, external sensors or controller can be easily connected.
Freematics ONE+ Model B integrates M8030 GNSS solution with a specially optimized ceramic antenna. The GNSS is internally hooked on main controller (ESP32) on GPIO 32/33 via serial UART interface.
Freematics ONE+ Model B integrates SIM7600A-H or SIM7600E-H 4G LTE CAT4 module.
|Mobile Network Bands||• LTE-TDD B38/B40/B41
• UMTS/HSPA+ B1/B5/B8
• UMTS/HSPA+ B2/B5
|Data Transfer Speed||• LTE CAT4: Uplink up to 50Mbps, Downlink up to 150Mbps
• HSPA+: Uplink up to 5.76Mbps, Downlink up to 42 Mbps
• UMTS: Uplink/Downlink up to 384Kbps
• EDGE: Uplink/Downlink up to 236.8Kbps
• GPRS: Uplink/Downlink up to 85.6Kbps
Freematics ONE+ has a microSD slot under the side cover. The slot is connected to ESP32 through SPI. Standard Arduino SD library can be used for microSD card access.
Freematics ONE+ enters and leaves low power mode programmatically. In low power mode with all peripherals (GPS, GSM, WiFi) powered off, the power consumption is around 10mA. This prevents car battery from going flat while the main controller is still able to run code and perform low-power tasks like motion detection by MEMS sensor.
|Freematics ONE+ Model B||Freematics ONE+|
|Programmable Processor||32-bit Dual-Core @ 240Mhz||32-bit Dual-Core @ 240Mhz|
|Real-time Operating System||FreeRTOS (multi-threading)||FreeRTOS (multi-threading)|
|Development Environment||Platform IO, Arduino IDE etc.||Platform IO, Arduino IDE etc.|
|Arduino Library Features||OBD-II/GNSS/MEMS access,
networking, data storage, BLE
networking, data storage, BLE
|WiFi||Built-in 802.11 b/g/n (SDK)||Built-in 802.11 b/g/n (SDK)|
|Bluetooth||Built-in BLE+BT (SDK)||Built-in BLE+BT (SDK)|
|External I/O||2x GPIO for digital I/O, analog input, serial UART etc.||Occupied if GNSS receiver is connected|
|Cellular Module||Integrated 4G LTE CAT4 module||Optional GSM/GPRS/WCDMA bee module|
|Internal Flash||16MB||4MB or 16MB|
|Data Storage||microSD or internal Flash||microSD or internal Flash|
|GNSS||Integrated M8030 GNSS module with optimized antenna||External GNSS receiver|
|Protocol Co-Processor||STM32 (serial UART connected)||STM32 (SPI bus connected)|
The most exciting thing about this product is that you can create your own unique product or solution on top of our massive accomplished work. We have been developing and maintaining a dedicated Arduino library for easy access to all hardware resources and a set of fully functional reference Arduino sketches for this product. So there is no need to start from scratch. As long as you have some basic knowledge about Arduino, you are good to go. Together with our Freematics Arduino Builder which allows configuring, compiling and uploading Arduino sketches in one simple GUI, we intend to bring the best out-of-box experience for non-professional developers. If you are a pro, we recommend PlatformIO IDE as development environment and our reference code is organized as PlatformIO projects as well, though you can still use Arduino IDE or Arduino makefile with ESP-IDF. For more information about development, please refer to the Developers Guide.
Branding & Customization
We provide firmware customization and technical support for application integration. White label or custom label enclosure can be supplied for this product with a MOQ.
- Freematics ONE+ Model B x 1
- Micro USB cable x 1 (optional)
- External I/O cable x 1 (optional)
- Arduino Library
- Sample Arduino Sketches
- Quick Start Guide
- Developers Guide
- Tutorial: Setting up a vehicle tracking system on Linux box with Freematics ONE+
- Support Forum